Tuesday, August 4, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!

And we didn't even know we were expecting!


Meet Daisy, the newest addition to the Funny Farm! Her registered name is Carancahua Creek's Stormin' Daisy, but just Daisy for short.



A couple of months ago I received an email from my best friend, Su (http://www.turquoisecowgirl.blogspot.com/). Their beautiful chocolate Lab, Penny, had just had a litter of 9 black Lab puppies! As you can imagine, they were eager to start finding homes for them. Both the dam and the sire have EXCEPTIONAL bloodlines, with champion, grand champion, and master hunters on both sides. Big John had been thinking it was about time for a new puppy, as Tick is almost 10 years old. She's a wonderful dog, and he trained her well, but she's a tad overweight and is having some hip problems. I quickly and constantly squelched any talk of a new pup, as I know good and well what that means for ME. With Big John's crazy work schedule, I'm the one who does the chores 95% of time. Mind you, 95% of these animals were my idea, so I guess that's what I get!
If you've seen the post on my new bathroom you'll know why I did what I did. Big John worked his butt off and managed to make every one of my wishes come true. Who could deserve a new puppy more than him? Once he saw the email, it was all over! We made a detour through Vernon on the way to Arkansas and John got a good look at the litter. On the way home from Arkansas, we stopped back by Su and Dyke's and picked up little Daisy! She's cute as a button and has made herself very much at home in South Texas.

Tick and Daisy became fast friends, and Tick is getting more much-needed exercise trying to keep up with a puppy. Daisy has already learned "sit" and also what happens to puppies when they get Susie's chickens by the tail. Not good.

I'll bet she misses the low humidity, rain, and green grass. Hopefully one day soon we'll have rain again, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment