Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Just the other day (Sunday, to be exact) I started prepping Big John for the inevitable. We were in need of  new cookware. The old set - the best we could afford 15 years ago - was starting to shed it's life-time warrantied, no-shed, non-stick surface. And if I hadn't done everything in the book to void the warranty (using metal utensils, burning stuff, scrubing with sandpaper to get off the burnt stuff), I'd sure try to get a new set free.

 Now this is not the kind of news most men want to hear, especially at the holidays when ridiculous spending is at an all time high. But I figured if I started talking about it now, it wouldn't come as such a shock in June or July when I decided I'd had enough and headed to the mall.

And then this morning, as I was bemoaning the fact that my sauce pan was pitiful and wouldn't hold up to the homemade caramel recipe I was about to try ... Big John brought in this GORGEOUS set of stainless steel pots and pans. WOW!! And my birthday is still two days away!


Here's the gifter himself. My husband, my hero, my one true love, my knight in shining armor - I could go on and on and on. But you get the picture! (Big John's reading up on "how not to burn stuff." He's going to give me a tutorial!)

THANK YOU, BIG JOHN!
THEY'RE PERFECT!!



No comments:

Post a Comment