Saturday, January 7, 2012

UPDATES - A LONG TIME COMING!

Happy New Year to all! Hard to believe it's 2012. I can remember, like it was yesterday, my new friend Su asking me what I thought about Y2K. All that came to mind was KY Jelly. And I really hadn't known her long enough to be discussing such things! But here we are 12 years later. Time really flies. Here's wishing you all (and ourselves) a healthy, prosperous, and fun year!

It's been a while since you've seen our progress on the building - and boy, has there been progress! We finished the siding, trim, and last bits of roof work, built and installed the sliding doors (had to use the front end loader for that chore,) framed out and installed the window air/heat units, and I've caulked for days on end, it seems. Here's where it stands this evening:










(Sorry about my rear end in the picture. Big John was the photographer today, and he thought that was real funny. And I'm starting my diet tomorrow ... right after pancakes ...)

Today and tomorrow we're finishing up all the last little bits and pieces that are left before we start to paint. That's the next big project. Once we get that done, we'll attach tin to Big John's doors. They'll be trimmed in cedar - cool!

More updates as they happen. Have a great evening!


1 comment:

  1. IT'S A HOUSE!!! WOW! I love it! No wonder you said that you could actually call it home if you needed to! It will be soooo much fun doing the interior design on it! Can't wait for those pics! I cracked up (outloud) at the reflection on Y2K and what that brought to your mind! You are so hysterical! You were a lot more newly married back then, so no wonder the thought! HA! Love ya! WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete