Sunday, February 20, 2011

ARMED ....


Four months ago, several friends and I completed a concealed handgun course. This was a "bucket list" item for me, and I was quite proud of myself for going through with it. I applied for and received my CHL right away. I've even had the opportunity to show it to a couple of law enforcement officers when they stopped to visit with me about my speed. (Different story ... don't tell Big John.)

I've been carrying one of Big John's handguns whenever I'm not at work (no firearms at school,) but they were so big and heavy. He's been pressing me to buy my own, but I've resisted. You see, I just wasn't that good of a shot when we qualified. I passed, but it wasn't pretty. And that's real embarassing for a country girl/trooper's wife. If I'd been holding a 410 and had a snake on the target, it might have been a different story.

I finally agreed this weekend to go look at guns. And I found one I LOVE! I'm the proud owner of this pretty little Smith & Wesson .38 revolver (a 38 Special!) It's light weight, loads easy, and doesn't kick too much. We did some target practice this morning, and I'm so happy with my purchase. I've had the gun shop order a laser grip, and will get that put on when it comes in. That will make it perfect!

I'm adding a picture of my work for my special shooting buddy, BB. (He knows who he is!) BB, I can load this one all by myself!! You'd be so proud!



Some of these shots are Big John's, but most of them are mine. Really! Not too shabby!

God Bless the 2nd Ammendment!

No comments:

Post a Comment