Sunday, July 17, 2011

SEWING SUCCESS!!


I finally finished my first Sewing Club project - this gorgeous apron ("gorgeous" because of the beautiful fabric and expert help I received, not because of my skills!)

Project #2 is this cute vintage dress pattern I found on etsy.com, out of this 70s-inspired floral fabric.


Won't that be cute? I'm having flashbacks to going to the fabric store with my mom and picking out all the cute dresses I wanted her to make. I always thought I'd look just like the tall, skinny-legged, hand-drawn models on the front of the patterns. It never worked, but  I'm still falling for that idea, 40 years later! I'll keep you posted on the progress (of the sewing project, not the skinny thing!)

1 comment:

  1. What is there that you can NOT do? Love the apron!! I can't believe you know how to use a pattern and make actual clothing!!! I am 700 steps behind you!!!!

    ReplyDelete