Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS

Just thought you'd like a peek at the little construction project. We've gotten the hard part done (says Big John.) I'm sure glad the rest will be easy!!

Holes were dug and posts dropped in - 22 of them.


We ran stringers all the way around and through, and nailed them to the posts. Then we poured concrete in each hole.


We had to take a break (yea!) to let the concrete set up. Tomorrow, we'll be back at it. We'll hang joists and lay the underlayment. I think framing comes next, but I'm not the brains of this operation. I'm not really the brawn, either. My role is yet to be determined! (I'm a pretty good go-fer and change-her-mind-er.)

As a finished project, this builidng will be a 20x36 foot structure. There will be a commercial kitchen at the east end, a workshop on the west end, and a craft room in the middle. A small porch will run along the south side of the kitchen and craft room. It's a good thing Big John's on top of this project. There have been a lot of levels, squares, and other assorted details involved, and I'm more of a "good 'nuff" kind of girl - big picture, not fine details. I'm looking forward to the decorating!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment