Sunday, October 30, 2011

We got a lot done on the building this weekend. And we're both really tired. I've never looked forward to Mondays so much in my life!

Saturday we sheathed the whole project. This went really quickly.










Then we cut out the doors and windows. It really looks like a building now!


Our next job was to start on the roof. I'd been dreading this, but I guess it's not really a building without a roof. We ran the ridge beam all the way down the length. Boy, was that tough. We did some fancy tightrope walking manuevers, and no one fell off the ladder. Success!


First thing this morning, we finished the porch. Then we began running rafters - this took the rest of the day, the rest of our energy, and the rest of my motivation. I am done ... at least until next Saturday. Here's how the building stands now:










This week, I'll get cedar posts for the porch and strip them. Our plan is to get them put up Saturday and finish running the rafters. I can't wait! Roofing is off my list of possible careers!


Hope you're enjoying the progress!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post a comment yesterday, but it wouldn't let me...let's try again! I am so impressed with your progress! Your project is fabulous and awesome and terrific and OH SO WONDERFUL! You will LOVE it! Can't wait to see the finished product! I'll have to come see it in person! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete