Wednesday, May 23, 2012

AMERACAUNAS


Kristi ordered some chicks and twisted my arm to join her! She had to work hard to get me to do it, but she was very persistent! (It wasn't all that hard to convince me...)

I decided to order 12 Ameracaunas, which lay tinted eggs. They're almost always some shade of blue or green - an incredible sight of nature!

My red pullet chicks are teenagers now. They hang out with the big girls and even roost with them at night - though they're sure to be the first ones in the coop at night to get the best seats, just out of reach of those old biddies. And with all the quail babies around here, I'd forgotten how calm and cute and cuddly chicks can be. It's a nice change of pace from the frenzy of quail!



1 comment:

  1. Next time I get some chicks, I want to order some of those! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete