Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BRANCHING OUT

There have been some developments in the Carancahua Creek Trading Company empire!


Produce sales have gone swimmingly well, and with Big John's help, I may have gotten a handle on the weeds (knock on wood.) The Saturday Market has been a huge hit, and each week we've managed to add a few more touches to make it even more inviting. This means I get to shop for cute "stuff" almost guilt free!


With a routine in the works and many of those chores that teachers have to save up for summer marked off the list, I've begun branching out into other ventures. I've secured a booth in a nearby antique mall, and Sunflower Antiques was born. (I'm obsessed with sunflowers at the moment.) This will give me a chance to "weed out" (garden pun intended!) some of those treasures I've collected over the years - and again, the chance to shop for deals almost guilt-free! What luck!

"Survival bracelets" - braided bracelets made from parachute cord - seem to be all the rage in certain circles, and Big John has become an expert at making them. He's sold quite a few and is experimenting with many new designs, colors, latches - even making necklaces and keychains.



Buyers are so impressed to see him tying bracelets as they watch! Big John Jewelry is open for business!

There are a couple more ideas fermenting in my brain - with adorable names to go with each and to be revealed at the appropriate time in the future. Let's just say they are SWEET ideas! Can you guess that one??? Honey, it will be amazing! (That's another hint...)

2 comments:

  1. Cool website!
    Eggs and bounty from your garden take me back to my childhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog. There are lots more chicken and garden updates posted. Please visit often!

      Delete