Wednesday, June 29, 2011

QUICK DIY

I got this idea from my friend Cindy's shop a couple of weeks ago. She had some of the cutest magnets - letters, words, slogans, pictures. So cute! And that got me to thinkin' - I've got this spot


in my office, right in front of my laptop. It's pretty bare, as you can see. Not very inspiring.

And I really wanted some inspiration - like those cute magnets at Cindy's shop. But I needed some metal to attach the magnets. And just like that, a DIY project was born!

I picked up some galvanized sheet metal at Lowe's. They've got it cut in lots of handy sizes. I also grabbed self-tapping sheet metal screws, # 10s, 1 1/2 inches long. I positioned the first sheet and screwed it in.



Then I lined up the other two sheets right up against the first, and repeated.


Ta da! My magnetic bulletin board is complete!

The original plan included putting some wooden trim around the edges, but I may skip that step. It looks pretty cool as is. Now I'll head to Cindy's shop and get some of those cute magnets!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING! I LOVE THE MAGNETIC BOARD! Hmmm, where can I put mine???GREAT IDEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete