Monday, July 5, 2010

FREE SUNFLOWERS: PRICELESS!


THIS is why I planted sunflowers this year! What a beautiful, rustic bouquet! Do you know what this would cost at HEB? A lot!

We planted two varieties of sunflowers this year: the mammoth, from which we'll harvest seeds; and a smaller, different-colored variety. These are the ones I planted to cut. They've bloomed beautifully, and I'd been meaning to go out and cut some, but that little rain storm delayed me a bit. However, since Roxy has discovered how to navigate the deer-proof netting we installed as "fence," I decided today was the day to cut some sunflowers - before she destroys what's left. Every time I chase her out of the sunflower/pumpkin patch, she makes a charge through the sunflowers. What the rain didn't drown, Roxy is determined to trample. I feel an electric fence coming on!

Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment