Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PIS DE RESISTANCE

This will be the final (ha!) accoutrement to the chicken coop. It hit me that I needed a set of cabinets in there - a place to keep all my poultry supplies. (Note to self: get some poultry supplies.) But I didn't need just any old cabinets. I needed some vintage metal cabinets. Ideas come to me like that - in specifics that usually include old, vintage, family, historic - and a shopping trip/scavenger hunt. Drives Big John crazy!

Given my penchant for old things with family history, I'd had my eye on two sets of such metal cabinets in the barn - been there since I was little. Big John has been keeping oil and grease in those cabinets, so they needed some work - lots of degreaser and scrubbing. I decided one cabinet would probably do. I mean, how many poultry supplies can one girl have?

Here's the before:





Here's the during:



Does it really look any better????

I had planned to paint them barn red, but it looks like one of the more recent colors is this pretty deep blue. I might go with that - keeping the history!


And here's the after (barn red won out over that pretty blue):




Alright, we're (probably) done with the coop! Reno complete - for now!


***UPDATE: I had plenty of existing poultry supplies to fill up this cool cabinet - no shopping trip to Tractor Supply. Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment