Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big John's Fire Pit

Imagine: a cool spring night after a long hard day's work, the smell of beef sizzling over oak, and a big tall glass of sweet tea ... nothin' better! Big John made good on his promise and built us a fire pit! We bought a huge piece of pipe - 30 inches in diameter (that's 6th grade math talk!). He cut off a big chunk of it and did some amazing cutouts. There's the Ducks Unlimited duck, the Texas Trophy Hunters' buck, and a little star, horseshoe and Texas for me. If he'd thought he could get away with it, I'm sure Big John would have put a CCA redfish on there instead! He engineered a bar across the top so we can hang a cast iron kettle over the fire to cook up some chili once it cools off again. Man, life don't get no better than this! We laid some leftover flagstone in sand and set that fire pit right on top. Perfection! I can't wait for those summer evenings by the fire. Relaxin'!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE FIREPIT!!! HE'S SO HANDY!!! GREAT IDEA! Does he have a plasma cutter? Send me a pic of the cutouts up close, I couldn't see them in the pics. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete