Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's the Dill, Pickle?


I've found a new favorite herb - DILL! It's growing fantastically, and I know the hot weather will soon take its toll. This past weekend I made some herb butter to go on hot french bread. It was delicious! There was some dill left over, so I put it on my turkey and swiss sandwich - used it in place of lettuce. Wow! Like a party in my mouth! Unfortunately the dill will be long gone by the time the pickling cukes are ready, so I'm going to try freezing some to use in the pickles. We'll see how that works out.

Here's the "recipe" for the herb butter - doesn't get any simpler than this. You should try it. Home grown dill works best, so holler if you need some. Looks like I've got plenty! 

Herb Butter:
Soften 1 stick of butter
Rinse, dry and chop fresh herbs of your choice
Blend butter and herbs just until mixed
Refrigerate in covered bowl or butter mold
Impress your mother-in-law and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment