Sunday, April 10, 2011

BIG JOHN, ARTIST IN RESIDENCE


A couple of years ago, Big John began working on some metal cutouts. This was undoubtedly a ruse to enable him to purchase a plasma cutter. It worked. I fall for these things all the time. In order to make it up to me, he fashioned this piece - 2 sea trout chasing a soft plastic lure (he had to tell me that part.) He painted it up, showed it off, and it sat in the barn - until today.


I had a bright idea to frame it in barn wood and hang it on a north wall of the house. We whipped out that frame real quick, screwed the art to the frame, and the frame to the wall (and by me, as usual, I mean the artist himself.) It looks amazing - kind of draws your eye away from the recycling containers that live along that wall - doing our part to save the earth!



I've already commissioned several other pieces - lots of walls to fill!

2 comments:

  1. Y'all just have it "goin' on" down there! Love the artwork and all of the posts about the garden! Y'all are so very blessed! Love the neatness, organization, and vision that you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that is awesome!! I love paintings like that in old barn wood...I have a couple pieces kind of like with the old barn wood!!

    ReplyDelete