Saturday, April 23, 2011

CHICKS + SIX


Guess what's in the box.

Go on, guess.

(Hint: it rhymes with where I live - in the "sticks!")


Did you guess six blurry chicks?

You were right!!


You knew I'd do it.

We HAD to run into town anyway; well, sort-of. But while we were there getting chicks, we did pick up some garden supplies and feed - so it wasn't a trip JUST for more chickens.

(It makes me feel better to say that!)

We added 6 red pullets to our brood. They are guaranteed to be 2 things: girls and good layers. That's just what we needed! They're living in the pigeon cage while the bigger chicks are down in the brood pen. I hope I can juggle the transfers ok - these chicks are probably 2 or 3 weeks younger than our first batch, so they'll need to stay warmer and separate for a while.

They're cute as buttons! And I think we're full up on chickens.

NO MORE CHICKS. NO MORE CHICKS. NO MORE...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE! MAKES ME CHUCKLE EVERYTIME! IT'S LIKE I'M STANDING RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!! I haven't posted in so long...I have things to post, but just no time...it seems! Keep 'um coming....the updates are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete