Tuesday, April 12, 2011

OMG!!

I wasn't going to tell you. I really wasn't. It was just going to be our secret - mine and Big John's - because it's kind of embarrassing. Actually, it's down right VERY embarrassing. Because we're headed in the other direction - into the land of one income families; into a belt-tightening, penny-pinching, homegrown goodness kind of lifestyle. Plus, we like to complain about those "kids" and their electronic devices: iPhones, iPads, wii, facebook, and all that stuff. Damn kids. They can't even have a conversation anymore. It's "facebook this" and "texting that." Hmph.

But all that aside...



we did it. We upgraded to iPhones.

Yes, we did. BOTH of us - 'cause that's how we roll. (And we're secretly LOVING it!)

So the reason I'm spilling the beans and confessing our free-spending ways to you is this:

iTunes U!

I just discovered it, and as far as I can tell, it's amazing! It seems to be a collection of lectures, documentaries, classes, lessons on EVERYTHING. And the ones I've browsed through are FREE! (Which is good because of the aforementioned 'one income' thing.)

OMG!!

I'm going to learn it all - cooking, gardening, photography, animal husbandry, Spanish, Mandarin (not really - but maybe that's the way to go nowadays) - heck, I might even go back and brush up on my 6th grade science, social studies, and language arts. I've got the math part down pretty well.

Look out world - I'm all teched out! And I know just enough to be very dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment