Monday, March 28, 2011

BACK ON TRACK

The Diet.

Not so good.

Remember when I lost 2 pounds? Well, I've found them! They must have been hiding behind me the whole time, but they're back on my hips, right where they belong. And they brought a friend with them. Yea.

So last week was a really tough diet week. We had the time of our lives at the rodeo, where Jason Aldean gave a private concert for Big John and me (and the two screaming adolescent girls behind my right ear) - or so it seemed. We got caught up in the atmosphere and drank some calories (I NEVER drink - now I remember why.) We ate some really awful funnel cake. (I know, I know.) Then we ate some equally awful pizza. We got back home and back into life in the fast lane immediately. I had tutorials after school, a meeting that I had to cook for, tons of leftovers I just finished eating yesterday, and then it was Friday. I was tired, grumpy, and sick of it all. I seem to remember apple turnovers, cinnamon rolls, and tacos being eaten sometime in the last 3 days - but no one's admitting anything.

I started over today. I did well on eating. I lifted weights before work. I came home and ran (most of) 2 miles. I almost died. Then I started eating a Lean Cuisine I found in the freezer. Ugh. It was going ok until I found the gristle. That does me in EVERY time. That must be why you lose weight eating those frozen meals. You only eat until you find the yucky part, then you can't eat again for  a week.

I know this isn't fascinating stuff, but I have to keep myself honest. I am going to brush my teeth and dream of the 3 vintage peasant blouses I ordered from etsy last night. I was bored, and they will look very cute when I'm skinny, tanned, and my hair grows out. And I'll have no where to wear them. Sigh.

Send me your diet tips. I need inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for entering our blog giveaway. We enjoyed hearing from you! I'll have to do another one after we harvest this year. I also wanted to say that if you have any questions with beekeeping, I'd be happy to do my best to answer them. It is always exciting to hear of other beekeepers (or soon to be beekeepers!)
    Take Care,
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete