Sunday, March 13, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: ANOTHER ROOSTER!


Big John's long-held suspicions have just been confirmed - the black chick is a rooster. Darn it.

I was out hoeing the garden this morning, and heard a very unfamiliar crow. The sad state of my life is that I can identify my animals by ear, much like a REAL mommy can identify her infant's cry in a crowd of babies - or so I've been told. Cows, horses, cats, dogs, chickens - they all have their own voice.

As soon as I heard that unfamiliar little noise, I looked up. The two chicks left from Cloud's hatch were standing on the patio. They're never very far from one another. And then I heard it again - but this time, the black chick's mouth came open at the same time. It took a couple more crows - with him getting stronger each time - for me to put two and two together. That darn "hen" is crowing! SHE's a HE! We've now got 4 roosters - that's 3 too many.


Anybody want a rooster?

P.S. The garden looks great.
And I've got a blister. I hate hoeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment